Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Athlete Testimonials

My true passion lies in training athletes. You don’t have to be the best of the best to be an athlete. To me, an athlete is all in your mindset. I have trained athletic individuals that have no desire, no ambition and are here on someone else’s dollar – these are not athletes to me. Athletes are the ones who show up at 6am in the rain for a run on the back trails, ones who understand the meaning of hard work and see that what we are doing is a tough journey and are ready to take on whatever it is they need to in order to achieve their goals. Athletes have passion and a drive that is unmatched. Here are a few testimonials from a few of my favorite athletes –


"Over two years ago I moved to a farm. I thought I had an active lifestyle before but it paled in comparison to the amount of daily physical activity at my new home. For years I had run, biked and played hockey to keep in shape. A little bit of cross training but not much. I had also experienced the odd back spasm starting in my mid thirties and I just chalked it up to getting older. Flash forward to the hobby farm, I'm in my mid forties and I'm moving rocks, clearing fencing, cutting up dead trees, renovations and riding horses and one day I had the mother of all spasms. Most people, especially men know exactly what I mean. You can't get up you're lower back is on fire. After weeks of slow recovery, that meant getting just enough mobility back to get by, nothing really had improved. I had done a ton of research on the internet, of course, and was optimistic that maybe more than my back was the issue. I found a physiotherapist who helped me with a specific muscle injury and that lead me to Bryan. I started with Bryan and he did an evaluation and, wouldn't you know it, I was out of balance. Apparently doing the same repetitive exercise isn't as healthy as I thought. I can still remember the first set of exercises he gave me to do every day at home. I could barely do a set of each. They hurt, they made me work hard, but over time I started to get stronger.

It's now over a year later and I had a very busy work month with very little time to work out. If I sat for too long my back would begin to hurt. Immediately I started up the exercises again and within a week no more pain. I don't take back pain medication, I can run, I can lift, my flexibility has improved and most importantly I know that my health and wellness is up to me."

Ian, above, was have some pretty bad pain that was referred from his hips. Years of riding horses and bilateral movements had left him very tight and weak in certain areas. He was more diligent that anyone I have ever met, and everything I told him, he would go home and research to make sure he was getting everything out of it. It was a long journey, but just by doing a few simple exercises every day and some soft tissue work, he is now able to do everything he was scared of doing before.

"My son has been training privitely at All Canadian Fitness with his Personal Trainer Bryan Smith since 2009. Michael is 15 years old and plays AAA Hockey for the Minor Midget Hamilton Jr. Bulldogs as an Elite Goaltender.

Prior to joining All Candian Fitness, Michael was training soley on ice with his Private Goalie Instructor and really kept the element of "off-ice" training" limited because the intent was to focus soley on goaltender training.

I have had relatives go through The All Canadian Fitness Model of training in the past which resulted in one accepting a full hockey scholarship at RPI University and another is a Certified Sports Psychologist in Southern Ontario. Their success stories are based on one important principle that All Canadian Fitness stresses and that is committment to take the athlete outside their comfort zone and make them a superior athlete.

Bryan Smith has addressed all if not more of of the elements involved in taking Michael to the next level. Bryan has developed a relationship with Michael and is breeding him as a true athlete, first and foremost.

Without Bryan as his Personal Trainer, I don't think Michael would be where he is today. The one on one dedication that Bryan shows with Michael only means that in the final analysis, he will reach his goal successfully as a top notch athlete and superb Goaltender.

The strategies that Bryan uses to continually have Michael progress forward are nothing but brilliant. There is nothing missing in the training regiment which is specific to his position as a goaltender.

As a Parent, I can only re-iterate what I've said about Bryan. Dedication, knowledge and a "results oriented" Trainer. I will have absolutely no problem recommending Bryan as a Personal Trainer to anyone who wishes to use him.

" A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done"

Bryan Smith is our Personal Trainer for life!!"

Michael listens to everything I say. He is one of the only people I train that if I told him to drink motor oil to get faster, he would ask, "What grade?"

I love my job and all of my clients - if you want some serious results, come to All Canadian Fitness.

No comments:

Post a Comment